I just received this Lovin’ Your Blog award from Selma. When I’ve gotten an award in the past, I’ve simply said ‘Thank You’ and left it at that. I thought this time I would pass it on.
But first I am supposed to mention 5 things I love. Instead of stating the obvious like the people in my life; my family and friends, including those I’ve made here in Blogoland, I have to go with the following:
1. Bacon. In all its saturated fatty, high sodium, artery clogging glory. My body had a brief lapse in judgment when I was pregnant with my son, but other than that, we have had an unwavering love affair for years, much to the chagrin of my now hail damaged thighs.
2. My remote start. At this time of year, in the Midwest, it is a necessity in the battle against cold and inclement weather; just like boots, gloves and whiskey. The mere press of a button starts my vehicle, giving it time to warm up without having to leave the comfort of my home or office; and icy windows defrost without the extraction of a credit card to do the scraping.
3. Michelob Ultra. Though I have posted numerous alcoholic
drink recipes, I am basically a beer drinker. Taking into consideration that I’ve been known to drink close to a 12-pack on a Friday party night, the low (2.6 grams) carb count is a plus.
4. My new Keurig coffee machine. My BFF and I were talking about these a couple of months ago. I happened to mention I thought they were the bomb (as in the Doctor Bomb-Bay) and she went and bought me one…with a ton of coffee! I knew there was a reason I liked her. Well that, and the fact that we have been friends since forever and will always be there for each other.
5. Cordless phones. Truth be told, I’m a phonaholic, and not being tied down with my umbilical cord, as my family used to call it, is fantastic. I can talk while moving about freely; doing laundry, answering the door for the pizza man and going to the bathroom. Yes, you heard me right…and don’t judge. It is a medical fact that holding in your urine is not healthy when you’re prone to urinary tract infections!
So there you have it. Five things that I am fond of, keen on, and partial to…well love.
Now I’m supposed to pass this award on to some fellow bloggers; the difficult part is choosing who, as I am fond of, keen on, and partial to…well love, all of you.
I guess I’ll
Gotta run now. I’ve got to eat my bacon cheeseburger, then use my
remote start before I run out for more Michelob Ultra and then call my BFF on my cordless phone and thank her again for my new Keurig coffee machine.